With winter, we feel the need to hibernate and stay in from the cold. Have you ever thought of bringing the outside in?
For an evening, set up your main living area for an overnight camp night along with the stories and s’mores. Just set up a tent or teepee, have hotdogs and enjoy the evening in your sleeping bags to keep warm. You can make it as simple or elaborate as you wish.
Here are some ideas:
- Make a special sheet tent, teepee or camp tent
- Enjoy s’mores in a cast iron pan or banana boats
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Put twinkle lights out for stars
- Read about constellations, animals or camping
- Grab accessories like flash lights, lanterns, etc.
- Make trail mix bags and hot cocoa in thermoses
- Learn how to tie knots
- Enjoy tacos-in-a-bag or hotdogs for dinner
- Have lots of blankets and sleeping bags
- Make crafts with yarn and sticks or houses with mini marshmallows and toothpicks
Shannon from Airdrie, Alberta has two beautiful children with her husband and enjoys spending time with her family. She is a maker of felt campfires called Wild Sparks. These playful DIY kits are available to create your own little warm haven.
Photography: Wild Sparks