We know the world is a busy place and getting busier. Our challenge is to slow down and enjoy the moment. To achieve this, a practice of a ‘ritual’ can be embraced everyday. A ritual of something that fills you with happiness and joy to awaken and be present. A ritual of pleasure. This one ritual can be very simple and small.
- Reading a chapter in a book
- Listening to music getting ready for the day
- A daily visit
- Coffee or tea in morning or afternoon
- Having a lit candle in a work space
- Shower with an invigorating body wash
- 5 minute meditation or stretching
- A phrase or self affirmation
- A workout, walking or running
- Going outside and sitting
- Creating a special ‘space’ for your ritual of nothing or something
These are just a few thoughts, but whichever you choose to think of, it is important as a ritual to have it around the same time of day, each day to enjoy the benefits of pleasure.
Tara is a lover of rituals and with Nourish and Nest, her new beautiful on-line store shares her passion and philosophy from simply lighting a candle to knitting. This allows her to share the concepts of enjoying small rituals, embracing simplicity and finding beauty in the everyday.
Source: Tara with Nourish and Nest Photography: Tara